For all domestic and international flights, you will need a government-issued form of identification to check in, proceed through airport security, and board your flight.
Please ensure that your form of ID matches the traveler information you enter into the Hopper app when booking.
You may be denied boarding if:
- you do not have an approved form of ID on your person at the time of boarding
- your ID does not exactly match the name or birthdate on your booking or boarding pass
- the form of ID does not meet the requirements of the airline, airport, or governing authority of your origin or destination
For many international flights, you will need a valid passport. Additionally, some international trips require visas or other special travel documentation. It is your responsibility to secure any required visas, vaccinations, or other travel documentation prior to your flight.
Hopper is not liable for any issues caused by incorrect or invalid traveler information entered at the time of booking. Nor is Hopper liable for any issues caused by a failure to obtain the proper ID and documents to board your flight or depart, enter, or re-enter your origin or destination.
At the airport:
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) identification requirements for U.S. citizens
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA) identification requirements for Canadian citizens
- European Union identification requirements for EU nationals and Schengen and non-Schengen countries
- You can also contact your airline for questions about acceptable IDs
Obtaining visas and travel documentation: