Oh no! Let’s see if we can help you out.
Adding a New Card
On the Choose Payment screen, you can add a new card or select a card that you have previously added to your Hopper profile.
To add a new card, simply enter the credit card number, expiration date, CVV (security) code, postal code, and the cardholder name. You will not need to enter your full address.
Credit Card Declines
If your credit card was declined during booking, it may be because:
- There were insufficient funds available on the card
- Your bank or credit card company flagged the purchase via their own security processes
- Hopper does not accept the card type (eg, a debit card that requires a PIN for online purchases)
- You have exceeded the maximum number of purchases or payment methods Hopper allows per day
- Contact your bank or credit card provider to ensure there are sufficient funds on the card
- Double-check the postal/ZIP code on the card; this is most often the info that is incorrect!
- Contact your card provider to add Hopper as a pre-authorized merchant
- Wait a full 24 hours from the time of your last booking attempt to retry a new booking with Hopper
If your card has been declined, not to worry. You won’t be charged, and any pending fees will be refunded to you immediately.